Signs of Safety - 5 day Training - Session 5 - (cohort 7)
Date & Time:
SINGLE AGENCY TRAINING – This course is only open to HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL Staff. TARGET AUDIENCE: Children’s Social Workers, Social Work Managers, NQSW’s, Children’s Social Care – Family Support Workers, Children’s Social Care – Family Support Managers, Early Help Managers and Senior Early Help Support Workers
This is the advanced course on Signs of Safety (SofS) practice delivered by a licenced Signs of Safety consultant, covering all the main elements of the Signs of Safety approach. The morning sessions will be with the trainer and the afternoon sessions will consist of group work and learning activities. You must be able to attend all sessions to complete the training.
Please think of a child or young person who is experiencing some difficulties that you are supporting in order to work through the SofS road map in this training.
Provide workers with practice tools to facilitate conversations with parents to help them build an informed network of safe and helpful family and friends to create and stick to a plan and make meaningful changes for their children
- Recognise what families and workers experience as complicating factors in helping parents to build a network
- Look at practice tools workers are already using that are being successful
- Introduce some practice tools for workers to use with families to help them think things through to identify a network
- Model how to use the practice tools in practice
- Workers develop questions to use with the workers learning cases to help parents identify a network
A cancellation policy will apply