Graded Care Profile 2 (GCP2) Training
Date & Time:
This is a virtual course using Microsoft Teams joining instructions will be sent out to you approx.7 days before the course date. There is no cost for attending this course.
This course will assist practitioners to understand, recognise and address child neglect. The course will refer to Herefordshire case studies and recent serious case reviews where neglect was a factor. The main course objective is to instruct delegates on the use of the Graded Care Profile 2 (GCP2) tool. At the close of the course, delegates will be competent using the GCP2 tool to identify and address child neglect.
There is an assessment in the afternoon to enable practitioners to become licensed practitioners to use GCP2.
If an organisation works and engages with children and families, the neglect and graded care profile training will add to organisational competency.
This course is for, but not restricted solely to; designated / nominated safeguarding / child protection person, family support practitioners, early help practitioners, social workers, carers, education staff, nursery personnel, health practitioners and staff who predominantly work with children/young people and families. This is particularly useful for practitioners who work with families in the service user family home.
Target Audience: Training is for organisations in the private, public and voluntary and community sectors. This includes (but not exclusively) education, child care, and health and criminal justice organisations.
On completion of the training:
- Delegates will understand and recognise child neglect
- Delegates will know the impact of neglect on a child’s development
- Delegates will recognise potential barriers to effective engagement with families where neglect is a concern
- Professionals will be assessed and licensed to use in practice the Graded Care Profile 2 tool to assess neglect and work with colleagues and families to reduce neglect
- Practitioners will recognise how GCP2 can assist with addressing neglect and how it can be used in case management, child protection conferences and legal matters.
A cancellation policy will apply. All agencies will be required to pay for cancellations with less than 7 working days’ notice and for on the day no shows. The cancellation charges will be £60 for a full day course and £30 for a half day or less course.