Right Help Right Time
Date & Time:
This course is for those who work and volunteer with children and families at all levels working in statutory, public, voluntary and independent sectors in Herefordshire.
Right Help Right Time is a framework for providing effective support for children, young people and families – making a difference. This training session is intended to enable practitioners:
- To make decisions about how best to respond to the needs of children, young people and families;
- To give families access to the right help at the right time;
- To provide children and families with access to the most appropriate services for their needs
This course will provide practitioners, volunteers and those that engage with children, young people with fundamental knowledge on how to access and provide those services. The training will introduce the continuum of need – 4 levels of need that services and professionals will use to ensure the right help is provided at the right time to the right children, young people and families.
Please bullet point the Learning Outcomes of the course – these will be used to create the Pre & Post Evaluations:
On completion of the course learners will be able:
- To understand what the right help at the right time is all about
- To have an understanding of what to do when you have a concern about a child
- To understand your own responsibilities in regard to sharing concerns
- To understand the importance of professional curiosity
- To be comfortable to use the RHRT document
- To understand when consent is needed
- To consider the Child’s voice and lived experience
- To know what to do when you do not agree with a decision made about a concern you have raised.
A cancellation policy will apply. All agencies will be required to pay for cancellations with less than 7 working days’ notice and for on the day no shows. The cancellation charges will be £60 for a full day course and £30 for a half day or less course.