Signs of Safety - 5 day Training - Session 2 - (cohort 7)
Date & Time:
SINGLE AGENCY TRAINING – This course is only open to HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL Staff. TARGET AUDIENCE: Children’s Social Workers, Social Work Managers, NQSW’s, Children’s Social Care – Family Support Workers, Children’s Social Care – Family Support Managers, Early Help Managers and Senior Early Help Support Workers
This is the advanced course on Signs of Safety (SofS) practice delivered by a licenced Signs of Safety consultant, covering all the main elements of the Signs of Safety approach. The morning sessions will be with the trainer and the afternoon sessions will consist of group work and learning activities. You must be able to attend all sessions to complete the training.
Please think of a child or young person who is experiencing some difficulties that you are supporting in order to work through the SofS road map in this training.
Workers get to experience the group supervision process as a learning method and use this process to help workers get to a case analysis to draft the bookends of a plan
- The group supervision process
- Roles, responsibilities
- Family Genogram
- Worker’s learning needs from the process
- Drafting danger / worry statements for their learning case
- Drafting safety / wellbeing / success goals for their learning case
- Drafting safety / wellbeing / success scales for their learning case
- Developing questions to illicit what the family are already doing well on their learning cases through existing strengths / safety / wellbeing questions
- Workers Reflections on the process
A cancellation policy will apply.